Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Picture of Hard Work

 
 
A few weeks ago I baked a delicous lemon chicken. It was the sort of meal that makes one feel like a bonafide foodie with complete bragging rights. Framing the shot to perfection on my kitchen counter seemed a fitting salute to a wonderful creation.
 
Moments later I set the table for one and began to do a bit of work. That's when I saw another sight. The pristine moment before any plate is touched in its vacuous simplicity is good in its own right. However, do we ever stop to notice the beauty of the moments of creation or when we enjoy the product of our labor? These are usually messy, cluttered and chaotic, but they have a particular glory in an unsung magic through things so common that they are almost always missed.
*Photo on the screen of my laptop by Shelley Bridgers

No comments:

Post a Comment